Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birthday Goals

So a couple of weeks ago I entered the final year of my 3rd decade. Yep, next December I will be the big 4-0. My hubby will be 40 in July and for his big hurrah he is going skydiving with whoever will go. I will not be joining him-I am sooooo terrified of heights that there is no way I would be able to do it. Plus I would rather not leave our children orphans for the thrill of a few seconds of complete terror. Not to be outdone by my main squeeze, I had to think of something big to send my 39th year out with a bang. I really love to run, and have decided that from b-day 2009 to b-day 2010, I am going to run 800 miles. It works out to be 3.08 miles each day, 5 days a week. That will actually get me to around 780 miles, so to make up the extra 20 miles, the plan is to run a 10 mile race in June, a 1/2 marathon in August and at least 3- 5k races. There is also the possibility that I will be part of a team to do the Wasatch 100 relay. We shall see on that one. I did see a mile counter on another blog, so when I can figure out how to do that, I will set one up here on this blog so you can keep me motivated. So far I am on track and plan to keep going. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great goal Shelly! It'll be fun to track your progress!

    ReplyDelete